An Englishman in New York stopped at a
window in the middle of which
stood one lone clock. The Englishman went inside. - He-llo! - he sang out.
behind a curtain stepped a bearded man in a skullcap.
- Would you please inspect this watch?
- The Englishman worked at the strap.
- Tell me whether it needs... -
- Why are you asking me? - asked the bearded man.
- Aren't you a jeweler? -
- No. I'm a mohyl. -
- A what? -
- A mohyl. I do circumcisions. -
- Good Lord! - exclaimed the Englishman.
- But why do you have a clock in your window?!
- "Mister, if you were a mohyl, tell me, what would you put in your